Life on Wheels – November 2023
Life on Wheels - November 2023
Pre-Holiday Event You Don’t Want to Miss!
Saturday, November 18 from 10 am to 2 pm
South Green Complex, 501 S. Greensboro St, Carrboro, NC
Life on Wheels
That bicycle in your garage can replace so many of your trips taken by car.
Join BikeCarrboro, Bicycle Alliance of Chapel Hill, and the Town of Carrboro for a day of fun and learn how to make your bike do more! We’ll have a Bike “zoo” set up with various bikes that people have set up to carry more things—groceries, kids, packages.
A Chapel Hill transit bus for you to see how to put your bike on the bus’s bike rack
A traffic garden for kids to ride around on
Games for kids and adults
Helmets for those who need one
Bike Shops with demo bikes for you to try out
Lots of information and lots of gift ideas
The event will be at the relatively new South Green Complex, at 501 S. Greensboro Street, right by the roundabout. If you are biking to the event, there are several ways for you to get there WITHOUT riding down S. Greensboro Street! See the map below for Better Ways to Get There.
1. (Red line) From the west on Jones Ferry
•Turn Right on Barnes St
•Turn Left on King St
•Turn Right on Lantern Way
•Turn Left on S. Peak
•Turn Left on Daffodil
•Turn Right on Old Pittsboro
•Take the 2nd exit from the roundabout to enter South Green onto Twin Hills Dr.
alternate: continue on Jones Ferry to the Community Worx Thrift Shop and follow route 2.
2. (Purple line) From W. Main Street
• Enter the parking lot for Community Worx Thrift Shop
• Find the bike path that bisects the parking lot (to the left when you enter) Go straight on the bike path until it ends
• Turn left onto Carr Street
• Turn Right onto S. Greensboro
• Turn Right onto Old Pittsboro Rd.
• Stay on Old Pittsboro until you reach the roundabout on S. Greensboro Street.
• Take the 2nd exit from the roundabout to enter South Green onto Twin Hills Drive
3. (Green Line) From E. Main Street
• Turn left onto Roberson Street
• Turn left into Roberson Place on Sweet Bay Place
• Take your second left and you will see an entrance to the Roberson Place Bike Path.
• Turn Right on the Bike Path and follow it down to the end.
• At the end of the bike path, turn Left onto Purple Leaf, go through the bollards, and you will arrive at South Green.
4. (Blue Line) From Campus
• Take Cameron Avenue to Merritt Mill Road
• Cross Merritt Mill and continue straight to access the Libba Cotten Bikeway
• Turn left on Brewer Lane. Follow the curve to the left (becomes Hargraves St)
• Turn right on Wesley
• Stay straight to access the Roberson Place Bike Path
• At the end of the bike path, turn left onto Purple Leaf, and continue straight through the bollards to arrive at South Green